To finish the quilt I did straight line quilting on most of the quilt. I had never done free motion quilting before so I was a bit nervous to try it. I did however give it a go in the blue section with circles and then I attempted to spell out a name in the squares on the far right side.
Here you can see the lines I drew for myself to quilt. All the lines are based 1" apart. I used chalk to mark my quilting lines and it turns out that was a mistake. I put the quilt in the washing machine as soon as it was complete. Which was within two hour of me applying the lines. However, my thread in several places remains stained and the fabric in a couple places also. I don't know the best solution. Possible a friction pen or another fancy pen.
The binding job was the most even I have done to date. Here is a picture of the back. You can see one section where the binding had a mistake, but the corners turned out perfect.
Another lesson learned, my making a quilt sandwich technique sucked. I was trying to use my dinning room table with blue painters tape. I didn't realize until I was mostly done that the tape did not stick to my fabric. So my back wasn't
as straight as I would have liked it to be. I am going to have to find a different place to sandwich my quilts. The table just doesn't work with my current set of tools.
Total time for completion of this project was about three days. Approximately 10 hours. Definitely something I could get faster at if I needed to. It was fun and my baby boy will have a new quilt when he's born.